{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tunes on Tuesday

I love this song! Even without the words it's very inspiring, It really makes you want to stand up and sing with them

"Battle Hymn of the Republic" by Julie Ward Howe {1862}

Here are two verses that that she wrote, but are not sung.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps, They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps; I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps: His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel: "As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal; Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel, Since God is marching on."

I was reading these verses and they fit so beautifully with the gospel that I believe. I truly believe that God was with the Pilgrims, and the early settlers of this land. I believe that God wants to be involved with our lives and that he wants to be remembered. He inspires people like Julie Ward Howe to stir the souls of people to remember Him.

My favorite part. "As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free"

I'm not sure who this quote is from but it's a good one. "Only two people have EVER willingly died for you, the American GI, and Jesus Christ." His truth will march on!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Inspiring post!!! It is a small world I use to work with Brianna her and her family are all dolls!!! What a small world I love the SiTs community 80)

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory