{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Making Family Memories

So after working hard all year on their school work, and supporting dad through yet another quarter of school, we needed to throw the rules out the window and make some fun memories as a family. I was inspired by my good friend Emily and her Wacky Wednesday...

After the boys woke up we loaded everyone in the car to go out to breakfast. Jammies and all. There were questions as to where we were going... We got to the "Cracked Egg" and found a table that would seat a crew of 6 and got down to business.

After breakfast we got back into the car. We drove to the beach and the boys were kinda disappointed that they didn't have their bathing suits.... Good thing I had them packed in a bag ready to go. With seconds there were three naked boys, putting bathing suits on. {I wish they could undress that fast when asked to get into the shower...}

And low and behold, there was boogie boards, and towels and snacks all in the back of the van. So we grabbed our stuff and walked down to the beach.
The boys took off for the water rather quickly but I saw something in the sand that caught my eye....
 This little guy was rather photogenic.
Benji doesn't like the beach when we first get there.... I think it has to do with being held down to put sunscreen on him. Call me crazy but I like my babies with cute pink skin and not RED! Once that was taken care if and he was put in the water he was happy. {I guess he is a Florida baby after all}

He still has a need to taste the sand... I'm wondering if he things it will be different after each taste... sadly for him it is not.
James and Steve play in the water most of the time but he did come up for a moment to dig in the sand.
 Poor Tim....

After a good 2 1/2 hours at the beach we went home to shower and get cleaned up. I had lunch ready for them. I had 6 brown bags all numbered waiting for them. Each boy got to pick 2 bags and then... that is what they had for lunch. James got juice boxes and napkins, Tim got spoons and pretzels, and Tommy got sandwiches and applesauce. So a bit of trading was had and then we settled down for a movie in the middle of the day.

The boys really wanted to see something explode. If you have boys you get it... So I bought some stuff that I NEVER buy!!! and we made stuff explode.
I guess diet Coke is good for something... definitely not drinking though.
We got some pretty good fountains going.
I bought some smaller things of it and let the boys make some fountains too.
{Steve suggested fireworks.... I suggested not. This was the next best thing that I could come up with that would not cause bodily harm....}

After that we had some "Ice Cream" I found this totally cool recipe online somewhere for banana ice cream. All you do is peel and cut up bananas and put them in the freezer for about 2 hours. The you take them out and put them in your blender or food processor. And whola! you have bananas in the consistency of ice cream!! {I did add a bit of peanut butter because that's how we roll but nothing else!} I was impressed that it worked.
{Now you want to try it huh....}

We had a great day. It was fun to be together as a family and makes some fun memories. It was so funny seeing their faces each time we did something. It was just a good day!

2 comments:

HH365 said...

So cool! I am going to have to try a wacky Wednesday too!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Too cute! What a good momma you are. Fun family.

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory