{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My totally COOL cousin!!

This is my cousin Jessica. She's really cool.... on so many levels! She is working down in Antarctica. Yeah, you heard that right. Antarctica!

She went last year and kept us in the loop of what was going on through facebook. This year she has decided to blog.

I love my cousin. I remember bits and pieces or doing things with here growing up. But since we have both grown up it's been fun getting to know her as an adult.

She is a pretty amazing person. This is how I think the story goes... Sometime last year {or the year before} she was perusing Craig's list and came across an opening for "Food Service" down on McMerdo in Antarctica. So like any crazy 20-something she applied for the job. After globe trekking to get there she finally got on the ice.

She was there for 6 months during Antarctica's "summer" before coming home to be a white-water rafting guide {Call me crazy.... but I think she likes adventure..}

Anyway she is back there again and this time she is blogging about it. You can read about her adventures here at Bottom of the Globe, top of the world...

She is a really good writer!! You will enjoy it!

1 comment:

Gingerrose said...

That is so cool! I just went through and read her last few blogs. Craziness! I wish I could be so cool! :)

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory