{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Let us Live to Make Men Free"


I L-O-V-E the 4th of July!!! It ranks in my top favorite holidays. I love that I live in a free land and that so many fought and died for me. I love that the Founding Fathers fought so hard in committee's to write the constitution to get it just right. So that it would benefit everyone, and give this new country just what it needed to succeed.  

Today we sang the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and the third verse really gets to me... "As He died to make men Holy, Let us live to make men free"  What are YOU doing to keep our land free??

Many years ago, poor men rose up to fight for something that they wanted more than anything. They wanted to be free to choose their own will. They weren't force too, they just did. They stood ready to live... or to die for something that they believed in

Right now I have friends that are serving in the military. And whether you agree with the war or not these men and women are doing their duty, they are keeping our land free. They are standing guard over our country. They have chosen to volunteer to serve, and because of that they have chosen to be away from their family for over a year. Leaving spouses, and children at home to keep all men safe. 

This sounds like another man I know. My Savior. He chose to give his life so all men could be free. Free to choose good or evil, free to do as they want, with the promise that if we follow Him, we can return home to our Father in Heaven.

We are given so much!!! And this land that we live in is the promised land. His hand has been in everything that has been done. Leading many people here, helping the Founding Fathers form this country, being there and ready to answer a young boy's prayer about the truth. Joseph Smith was able to go into the grove and pray because he was in a country that allowed freedom of religion.

I love seeing the fireworks and knowing that they are for our delightment. Many years ago the fireworks that were seen in the sky ment that war was on the horizon, and it was only a matter of time before they came closer to their home.

The Star Spangled Banner. Do you remember to stand??? Do you remember to put take your hat off? or to put your hand on you heart? {do you know where Francis Scot Key what when he wrote the poem that later became our National Anthem?}

I love this country, I love what it stands for, I love the colors that I see flying, I am so proud of my husband who has served our country, and I'm proud of those that are serving. And I feel so blessed to be able to call the United States of America my "Home Sweet Home"

1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

Every time I hear "The Battle Hymn of The Republic" I think of a boy I knew in kindergarten who sang it for our class one day. I was very impressed!

I too, am Proud to be an American!

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory