{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What did I do today?


 











{These pictures were taken a couple years ago}    
     Today I left some dishes dirty,
The beds got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The oder grew a little stroner.
The crumbs I spilled the day before,
Are staring at me from the floor.
The finger prints there one the wall,
Will still be there until next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes,
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby while he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone.
With crystal blue eyes, and soft brown hair,
If that is true, I've done my share.
-Author Unknown

Because I homeschool I am able to surround myself with people who do the same thing as I do. But every now and then I get that look from some that seem to say "oh, you stay home... what is it that you do?" At first I felt that I had to explain myself and what I do. But now I just have to look at my kids and know that what I am doing is important. Maybe not to the big corporations, or to aide in economic relief, but to see those eyes look up at me I know that I have the most important job. I am a Mom. It is my responsibility to help my boys grow into men. Good men, men that will serve others, and men that will serve the Lord. 

That is what I did today.

9 comments:

Ginger said...

very sweet-very true

JRoberts said...

L.O.V.E that poem. What a beautiful way to say it. Little ones are so important.

I had a stake president say to me one time as I sat with my 3 little men, "Oh Mom, what a glorious responsibility you have raising these future priesthood holders." I take that to heart. What a GLORIOUS RESPONSIBILITY!

Thank you.

Carrie said...

I love that poem too!!! Great post. There is no greater job than being a mom. :)

Julie Lybbert said...

How true! We cannot underestimate the importance of moms. They are, after all, everybody's first teachers.

Montserrat said...

Loved seeing all the pictures. SO many scenes look strangely familiar....

kjha said...

What a sweet post to go with a classic poem!

HH365 said...

AMEN!!!!

Sami said...

I love that poem! I even have it made up as a magnet and on my fridge right now.
I think I need that reminder daily.
It's true, dangit!
I love how well the pictures went with it too.
Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

What a great reminder! ...

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory