{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, December 16, 2011

8 is GREAT!!

We have one very special boy in this house! My James is 8 years old!! Being 8 around these parts are extra special!

First at 8 young boys get to start going to Cub Scouts. James was so excited. I wasn't so sure that all the stuff we ordered for him would come in time. But it did, about an hour before he left for his first scout meeting a box came with his shirt, kerchief and manual came.

He is looking very official, and was so excited to start. He is going to make a great Cub Scout!!

Also when one is 8... {and tall enough} the lucky boy gets to go to ride roller coasters with dad. Apparently my boys are adrenaline junkies and like that sort of thing. Unfortunately Steve didn't get any pictures of the day, but I don't think it will be soon forgotten by James. He had such a rush with each roller coaster he rode with his dad.

The highlight of the week though was the wonderful day of James' Baptism. James made the wonderful choice to enter into the waters of baptism.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints children are not baptized as an infant but at the age of accountability, the age of 8.

Steve had the privilege of baptizing our oldest.

All in white, and looking great.


James and I... look how tall he is getting.
I am so proud of him and the young man he is growing into.

After a great talk on baptism  by Aunt Michelle, James was taken into the font by Steve. I didn't any pictures of the baptism, but I would like to say that it was perfect, and the spirit was so strong and felt by everyone. After the baptism Steve, and some of our close friends stood in a circle and gave James the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Here is a picture of the family... I would like to think that we are normal... but that wouldn't be any fun. {Steve, James, Tommy, me, Aunt Michelle, Benji, Tim, Tyler {Michelle's son}

Here are my 5 handsome boys that I get to live with every day. I love them so much.
 The day was finished up with sushi and cake. {and Tommy picking his nose}

James is am so proud of you. I am so happy that you are growing into an incredible young man and that you made the wonderful choice to be baptized. You make me happy and I am so happy that you are in our family. Remember to listen to the Holy Ghost and you will be able to navigate this world and end up on top. Here's to another year and growing older. Happy Birthday James!

{as a funny side note... Benji just about fell into the font. It would have made for a great story. Fortunately for us there was plexi-glass in front of the font to keep all people from falling in. This day it saved Benji}

No comments:

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory