{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinkley dies

The Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints died last night at the age of 97. Gordon Bittner Hinkley was the 15th president of the church. President Hinkley is the prophet that I knew the best. I never had the opportunity to met him but I enjoyed listing to him speak at the pulpit and reading his word in the Ensign. His life was dedicated to his family and building up the kingdom of Heaven. With his push for more temples, he made it possible for many members to visit and feel the peace with in. It is sad that such a wonderful man is gone but I am happy for him. He lost his wife, Marjorie, a couple years ago and now he can be with her again. I'm sure she was standing with open arms. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my faith, we believe that when you are married in the temple, being sealed is what we refer to it as, it is not only for this life but for eternity. He has done the work the Lord set him out to do and I'm sure that the Lord will turn to President Hinkley and his wife, and say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

If you would like to know more about this wonderful man and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, just click here

1 comment:

Telisse and Kade said...

leah, the house had renters in it so yes it was pretty nasty. Pulled all the carpets and had to have the heat registers professionally cleaned. After we pulled the carpet and painted it helped a ton. Have a good day. You should start golfing. Its an expensive sport so you need to check into what kinds of things your local courses have to offer. I know is Arizona is extremely expensive!!! so good luck with that one.

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory