{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

States of Matter

WE have been learning the states of matter in science this quarter. The boys have been loving it. They love science and are so excited to do a project for the Science Fair. I'm happy that if they like something that it's something that they can really learn from. Currently James wants to be a Chemist... so I'm thinking I need to take a chemistry course because I'm pretty sure I slept through that class in High School.

Any way.... here are some things we've been working on.

A couple songs about the states of matter.


This one comes with a whole page the boys have been singing this all week.

And this one is on Youtube. It has a really good beat and some really good information. It's another one the boys really like.


We have done some science experiments... Can a solid and a liquid make a gas???

 We are about to find out.....
 In the bottle we have vinegar and in the balloon we have baking soda.
 Well yes... yes it does. The boys had a great time with this one!! We did it again with more vinegar and more baking soda. Because boys will be boys... they wanted to see it explode, unfortunately that didn't happen but the more we put in the bottle and balloon the bigger the balloon got.

The next one we did was a solid and a liquid.... {corn starch, and water} and what did it make???
After our scientific observations we concluded that it was indeed a liquid. And a messy one at that.

Science is great!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i seriously love that you are doing these things with your boys...i am impressed.

HH365 said...

It looks like you had a lot more fun with matter than I did! I don't know why, I just couldn't get into it.. I should have sent my boys over to your house. :-)

Sami said...

Sissy has been learning all about this at school the last few weeks, and she has come home EXCITED about science! I love when that happens! I may have to take these experiments to show the kids who aren't learning about it what she's been talking about at the dinner table...

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory