{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Sunday, February 27, 2011

We ARE animals

We learned about cells... animal and plant cells and we looked at them and how they are the same. I am using R.E.A.L. Science, and I really like the curriculum. They have some great ideas about how to teach the lessons and some really great hands on activities.

Ass you can see there are two different kinds of cells. Animal cells are round, and plant cells are rectangle and have chloroplast.

We used orange jello to be our cell, and then green grapes for chloroplast, and a strawberry for the nucleus. The boys had a great time and it was easy to see the difference in the types of cells.
And the great thing is that it was really good to eat after. Science can be really yummy!!!
A couple days after doing this the boys were being really crazy and wild. I asked them why they were acting like animals. They really got what the lesson was about, here is our conversations....
Me: Boys.... why are you acting like animals??!!!
Tommy: But mom... we are animals!
James: Yeah, our cells are round
Tommy: And we don't have chloroplast like plants do.
What do you say to that??? Nothing really... so I gave them apples and sent my little animals outside to play.

No comments:

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory