{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet Dreams

My sweet baby doesn't have a security blanket. He has me instead. When he is getting tired and cranky all I have to do is lay him in my lap and put my hand on his head and with a minute or two he is out. It really is the sweetest thing. When I was pregnant I would put my hand on my belly where his head what and he would stop kicking. {hey... I really needed to sleep} And when he was first born I would do this and he would quickly fall asleep.

He is really funny because when he is tired and I'm not paying attention he will take my hand and put it on his head, so he can fall asleep.

The other funny things is when he doesn't want to go to sleep he will take my hand off his head and fight going to sleep.

I hope that when he is a teenager, and older, I hope that he will let me rest my hand on his head and comfort him to sleep for years to come.

10 comments:

Hill said...

That's so sweet. He's a cutie.

Regina said...

So so sweet...thank you for sharing!! My nieces oldest girl (yes I said my niece's..which would make the wee one my great niece and well I'm just not that old yet..hehe) From the time she was born and she was ready to sleep she wanted her eyes covered with your hand. She is 5 now and still likes to climb up in your lap and put your hand over her eyes and sleep.

Hugs,
Regi

Steve and Katie said...

Seriously Leah - I think that is the sweetest thing ever!! Cute baby....

Unknown said...

Oh that is too cute!

Merianne said...

Squeeze them for as long as they will let you...they really do grow up soo fast...Zack is a senior this year and Brody on his mission.. Thanks for sharing...brings back some great memories :0)

Sami said...

That's awesome! It kind of reminds me of that story "I'll love you Forever". Like a secret (and sacred) routine between mother and son.
Really sweet!

Jennifer said...

Speed has always been part parakeet. When he gets sleepy all you need to do is cover his head with a blanket and he'll fall asleep. The thing is that now that he's older he avoids having a blanket on his head at all costs. :) Love that sweet baby!

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

That is SO sweet!!

Janet said...

Oh I wish Ty was that easy. Sometimes he will snuggle into my neck and go easy, but most of the time he is a fighter.

And I lost all of my blog readers too when I got pregnant. I have to remember I began blogging to document family history, not for the comments....but I admit, it is fun to get them :)

Impulsive Addict said...

My heart is melting. Fo real. Seriously.

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory