{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Resolutions....what's yours?

I know... I know... It's that time of year again time to make resolutions. While I don't think you need to wait until the first of the year to make some goals, but it is a good time... and hey, everyone else is doing it.

So here are a couple of mine. Now please take note that I start with some that I know are going to be easy for me to keep. That way I can look back and pat myself on the back for keeping some of my goals.

*1} I will NOT jump off any cliffs. - This should be pretty easy as there are no cliffs in Florida... at least none that I have found.

*2}I will NOT poke my eyes out with spoons. Now this doesn't mean that I won't have the feeling to do this, but I won't actually do it.

*3}I WILL hug all my children everyday. This is easy as they are always in my lap.

See... the easy ones to do. Ok, so here are ones that I am also going to work on this year

*4} I use this blog as my journal so I am going to blog more about my past and my childhood memories, my future goals, and my dreams. I will post about my family history and my testimony as well. I have plans to print this book so I want the boys to know more about me.

*5} Once again I am going to try my darnedest to become more organized. The chaos in my head often escapes spills out all over my house. I'm hoping that I can control it a little better and have a neater house, and less chaos in my head.

*6} I will focus on my flaws a little more in the hopes to overcoming them. I am learning more about myself and am learning how to make my weaknesses my strengths.

*7} I will be on my knees more asking for strength from my Father in Heaven, and I will be in the scriptures more finding my answers.

*8}I will take each moment and drink it in. Everything about it. The smells, the sounds, the tastes. Living each day to the fullest.

*9}I will learn more about food storage and work on filling our shelves with my bottles of homemade goodness.

*10} I will take time to laugh out loud more. Tommy once said to me "Mom, I like it when you smile." I will smile more and find the joy in this journey that I am in.

There you go these are my resolutions. I have a lot to work on, but one weakness that I have found in myself is that I bite off more than I can chew most times. So I'm learning to make more steps for me and to start slow. Each of these will take time but I am excited to work on them this year.... starting today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the not gouging out your eyes with spoons one...

Jason & Claire said...

Love how obtainable your goals are. LOVE that you're going to be using the blog as a journal. I'm excited to hear more about memories and stuff.;)

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory