{please vote for me.... it only takes a minute!! ~thanks}

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, December 17, 2010

James is 7 now!!!

James turned 7!!! Just like many boys legos are his current passion, so when faced with the question of what kind of birthday he wanted to choice was easy.

So off I went to the all knowing computer for ideas, and with a couple of my own we had a lego party.

It always seems to happen that something is going on for James' birthday. So this year it was on the calender early so it wouldn't get over looked. {First and second birthdays - the husband was in Iraq, Third - the husband had surgery, fourth - I had my wisdom teeth pulled, Fifth - The husband was in Afghanistan, and sixth - we had just moved to Florida and didn't know any one.} This one was going to be special....

I bought a lot of legos from ebay. I got 300 legos for $20.00. It came with a pretty varied lot, so we got a ton of different pieces. The down side... Three of my own boys plus that of 4 more others 300 legos really isn't that many.
So when boys started coming I had them all go an play with the legos to start while we waited for everyone to arrive.
 Here is James with Tommy and some of his friends showing off a creation that was made. Because of prior commitments of other people we did the party in two shifts. James really didn't mind it meant that it like a party all day long.

I had a lot of fun with his cake. It didn't totally come out like I wanted but the idea was there. I bought a square cupcake pan and made some chocolate cupcakes. Then I took a tub of frosting... regular vanilla works best... and I added food coloring to it and I then I microwaved it to get it really soft and pourable.
I cut some big marshmallows in half and put a dab of frosting on each one to make it stick to the cake. And then I spooned the frosting over the top and let it drip down the side. After about 4-5 minutes the frosting will harden giving it a nice shine to it.
{note-to-self... this to longer than I anticipated.... don't try to frost cupcakes and learn how to cut boy's hair on the same day.}

We had a pinata... and only had minor injuries from that, and other than that the boys just played with legos and jumped on the tramp. I figured they would so I really didn't plan a whole lot.
Each of the boys got a baggie to take home. A little lego set to build a crazy straw and little cube shape candies. {the closest thing to legos I could find.} This and the loot from the pinata, and everyone was happy.

 We had a pinata. Question.... who's bright idea was it to fill up a paper mache thing with candy and then give a kid a stick... bat... or in this case a golf club and let them swing it around until the paper mache thing gave up the goods???? I swear... one kid starts swinging and all the children start gravitating toward the one that is running around like a maniac.I don't thing we will do a pinata again....

Can yo believe he is 7!?!? It seems like only yesterday I was on my way to the hospital to be in labor for 21 hours....and now here we are.

 James, I love you!! You are an amazing kid, and you teach me so much, I am so happy that you are part of our family!

1 comment:

JaLesha said...

Your LEGO treats turned out awesome!! I had issues with Kason's 'cake' I made for his LEGO bday too. :oP (I say 'cake' because I made it out of rice krispie treats instead.) I'm too much of a perfectionist so I don't know why I bother to keep trying to make my own cakes!! Your way was a way fun idea though!!

one quick click will help me get into the top 25!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory